Norton Setup delivers a wide assortment of security software to cope with the growing number of hacking attacks, data thefts, and other cyber crimes. Developed and distributed by Symantec Corporation, Norton anti-viruses ensures complete protection against minor and major online threats including spyware, malware, Trojan horses, and Ransomware.To meet diverse requirements of consumers and businesses, Norton offers numbers of security software that are as follows:
- Norton Security Deluxe
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Security Premium
- Norton WiFi Privacy
- Norton Mobile Security
Difference between Free and Paid Norton Subscription
Before you buy a Norton product, it is recommended to understand the key difference between both. Check out the same here:
Free or trial version
If you go with the free subscription, you can avail only limited features of your Norton subscription. Additionally, the subscription will remain active for a period of 30-days.
Paid or premium version
The premium or paid version of Norton Security software includes all the advanced virus definitions and features to scan, detect, and fix the viruses immediately. You can choose the duration (1, 3 or 5 years) for which you want the subscription to be active.
What is Norton Setup?
Norton setup is a file that is required to be downloaded to install norton the purchased Norton product. You can get this file from Norton.com/setup by entering the required details along with the Norton product key.
Norton Setup – Download, Install, and Activate via norton.com/setup
- Visit Norton.com/setup
- Enter Norton product key by redeeming it from the email ID registered with your Norton account
- Log in to your Norton account
- Hit the download button
- Once the download finishes, open the download folder on your PC and then search the downloaded Norton setup
- Double-click or run the setup to begin installation
- Click Next and then follow the onscreen instructions
- Read the terms and conditions and hit the “I Agree” button to proceed
- Wait until the process finishes!
- After the installation completes, open the installed Norton product
- From the menu, go to the Activation
- Provide the Norton setup product key
- Click Activate
- Your system is now protected!
Why create Norton Account during Norton antivirus purchase?
While purchasing your Norton subscription, you will be asked to create a new Norton account. However, you can skip this, if you are an existing user. Here is why you should always go for Norton account sign up:
- To manage all Norton security software you have purchased
- For subscription renewal before expiry
- Turn off or turn on auto-renewal
- Add a new or modify the already added debit/credit card details
- Check the Norton product key
- Re-installing the Norton antivirus to another PC
How to create a Norton Account?
Creating a Norton account requires a series of steps to be followed. These steps are:
Norton Account- Sign up
You can create a new Norton account either at the time of Norton antivirus purchase or later by following these steps:
- Visit the www.norton.com/setup
- Hit Sign in
- Now select Create an Account (Right tab in the sign in window)
- Enter the required details
- Email address
- Last name
- Mobile number
- Set a secure password for your account
- Hit Create Account button
While performing any of the aforementioned processes or while creating Norton account, if you experience a technical glitch then contact the Norton support team for an immediate assistance.