With the increase in the use of the internet, there has been noticed a hike in the number of viruses, malicious and infected files, which can harm your computer system. To deal with these viruses and to protect your device, you need to get an antivirus. When it comes for protecting all the software, files, applications, data and more, what could be better than Norton? This security software acts as a firewall for the computer system and stops of installation of any kind of unknown and malicious file or software, which might be used as a medium to hack the computer systems. It also ensures safe internet bank by protecting your confidential information.
Everything developed for the protection of our PC is not always perfect; there might be some issues that may stop its working. This issue could be during download, installation, activation or use. And one of the most common issues associated with Norton setup arises when it stops scanning the computer system.
Before you troubleshoot this problem with our solution, read the following guidelines:
- First of all, download it/ purchase it from the authorized Norton website or retailer.
- Then follow all the procedural steps to install it on our computer system as written on the supporting file of the software.
- Activate it using the genuine Pass code key provided with the software.
Another cause of this error is the existence of one or more security software on your PC. In this case, you need to uninstall the previously installed antivirus or security solution from your device. For this, follow the below mentioned process:
- Press Window button plus R
- Type Control Panel
- Now open Programs and then uninstall a programs
- It will open the list of all the installed programs on your system
- Uninstall the program or security software
Restart your computer system and open the Norton antivirus, and hit scan. It will definitely start the scanning process and clean up all the viruses from your system, if any. If the problem still persists, uninstall the Norton setup and re-install it again from Norton.com/setup by using the same Norton product key. Begin the scanning process and check out for all the viruses on your computer system.
If you have tried every solution aforementioned, then contact Norton support team and get it fixed instantly.