Are you facing issues while installing Norton Security or while restarting your system? Look for the help in this article. You can try on the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool to solve the glitches. It allows scanning and removes the viruses, malware, Trojan horse, spyware, and other online threats. And it runs only on DVD or a USB drive.
Note- The tool isn’t a replacement for the real-time protection from the viruses and the security risks.
Check out the ways as listed below to use Norton Bootable Recovery Tool-
Download the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file on the system that is unaffected
To download the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file-
- You need to open the browser and go to Norton.com/setup link.
- Click on the ‘Download’ option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to download and save the tool ISO file.
Create a Norton Bootable Recovery Tool bootable media
One can use any tool to burn the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file on a DVD or a USB drive as a bootable media. You then eligible to run the tool to an infected system. You can also use this DVD as a recovery for any system.
Note- In case you have created Norton Bootable Recovery tool on a USB drive then the drive should have a min. space of 1GB and should be formatted in the FAT32 file system.
Install Norton Bootable Recovery Tool
You need to run the tool after creating the tool on a DVD or USB drive, use the media.
To install Norton setup Bootable Recovery Tool, use the following steps correctly-
- You need to insert the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool which you created in DVD or USB drive.
- Reboot the infected system and enter the BIOS mode by pressing any keys that appear on the screen.
- Select the DVD or USB drive and press ‘Enter’ button.
- Choose the ‘Boot’ option.
Tips– If the booting fails then select ‘Boot’ (Basic Video) option.
- In the ‘Select language’ drop-down list, choose your preferred language and click Ok.
- Read the Norton license agreement and click ‘Agree’
Scan and resolve threats
It identifies and lists all the possible security threats. Now, it’s up to you to decide what you wanted to do with the threats that are identified as risks
Check out the steps to scan and resolve the threats-
- Read the Norton license agreement and click on the option ‘Agree’ to launch the tool.
- Select the ‘Start Scan’ option to scan the system section.
When the scan gets over then the ‘Scan completed’ window displays the following lists-
- The total number of files gets scanned.
- The total number of threats gets detected.
- Review the scan results in the ‘Scan completed’ window and do any one of the following-
- To fix all the threats that are found on your system, choose the ‘Action Column’.
Note– Review the scan results carefully before resolving the threats because once the files are removed can’t be restored back.
- Select the option ‘Fix’.
- Click on the option ‘Ok’ in the confirmation dialog box.
- Under the ‘Action column’, the remediation window will display the status of each threat.
- Choose the option ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Reboot’ option.