Download Insight protects your system from the unsafe files that may run after it got downloaded with the help of the browser (one is using) and later the action needs to be taken based on its trust level. This reputation detail shows how safe is the downloaded file to run on your system.
Download Intelligence option by default is turned on and let you install the safe files. It may inform you about the unsafe file(s) that Norton has detected it as a threat and thus removed it. And for the unknown reputation levels of the files, Download Insight asks you to decide on the action that needs to be performed on the particular file.
Norton Setup may restrict you from downloading a file from the internet due to its poor reputation which you know is safe then simply turn off Download Insight, temporarily to download the file. Turn it on after you’re done with the downloading.
Note- Download Intelligence is an option under Download Insight which you can turn on or off, as per your wish.
Here, in this article, learn about Download Intelligence and its uses in Norton to safe your system from the unsafe files.
Follow the steps as listed below to turn on or turn off the Download Intelligence-
- Open the Norton main window.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select the ‘Intrusion’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Browser Protection’ tab.
- You need to move the slider ‘On’ to ‘Off’ in the ‘Download Intelligence’ row.
- Choose the ‘Apply’ option.
- Select the duration up to which you want the ‘Download Intelligence’ feature to be turned ‘Off’.
- Click ‘Ok’ option.
- Select the ‘Close’ option in the ‘Settings’ window.
Tips– For downloading and installing Norton Product on your system for enjoying these features, you need to visit Norton.com/setup site.