Norton is a prominent name in the world of digital security. It delivers highly advanced security solutions to the consumers and businesses for helping them to protect their devices, data, software, and applications. To access the extended security solutions, you need to purchase, download, install, and activate a Norton product from Norton.com/setup. When you do so, you are prompted to add Norton extension to the web browsers installed on your device.
Additionally, you are also asked to set Norton home page as the default homepage of your browser. By enabling the same, you can ensure safe web browsing and an improved search experience. The home page utilizes Norton safe search to monitor your online activities and to check the reliability and safety of the website you are attempting to visit.
The search results displayed by Norton Safe Search are powered by ask.com. However, if you have accidentally added the same to your web browser and want to revoke the changes then follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome and hit the Settings button available at the top-right corner of the screen
- Go to More Tools and hit Extensions
- Uncheck the Enabled box in front of the Norton Home Page for Chrome
- Restart the web browser to reflect the changes
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and open the menu
- Hit Add-ons
- Now, click Norton Home Page for Firefox from the Extensions tab
- Click Disable in front of this option to disable the Norton Home Page
Apart from disabling, you can also change your default home page of this Norton homepage. This can be done by following some easy steps, which are different for both the aforementioned browsers. When you disable this specialized security extension, make sure you have a Norton antivirus or Norton Internet Security active on your device. This will ensure the complete protection of your device from the cybercrooks and the viruses.
For further queries on Norton Safe Search, Norton Home Page or anything associated with norton.com/NU16, call Norton customer support team. An expert will assist you immediately.